This course covers what asthma is, information on symptoms and the different treatments available including procedures for emergency medication. Course developed in partnership with SAPHNA.
This course will help you to understand asthma, a chronic, long-term condition that affects 5.4 million people in the UK. At
The course covers important aspects of asthma such as:
- what asthma is and the number of ways the airways react when someone is having an asthma attack
- information on the symptoms of an asthma attack
- information on common triggers
- a look at different treatments for asthma
- information on the two main types of inhaler
- a helpful video that demonstrates the use of inhalers
- important information on first aid treatments
- emergency procedures
- specific information for schools
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be combined with the Anaphylaxis, Diabetes and Epilepsy courses, and bought as part of our Health Awareness package either online for £40.00 or as an addition to any of our complete safeguarding and duty of care packages.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- Level 2 courses (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"SAPHNA are delighted to have supported EduCare with the development of these four new courses. Offering practical advice and guidance to schools on medical issues, and giving staff the confidence to act, is very important as more and more schools are losing access to school nurses."
Sharon White, CEO, SAPHNA