This course covers:
- what self-harm is and why people self-harm
- facts and figures on the prevalence of selfharm and what factors make people more likely to self-harm
- common triggers for self-harm
- the different types of self-harm including the more obvious signs and less obvious ones
- the indicators that someone may be selfharming
- the support in place to help someone who is self-harming including distraction techniques and someone to talk to if they feel the need to self-harm
- ways of accessing support for someone who is self-harming
- further support on self-harm including services and helplines that are available.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as an addition to EduCare for Education for International Schools. Please contact us if you would like more information or a quotation.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- Optional narration for accessibility
- One CPD credit, with individual personalised downloadable certificates.
- 70% pass mark.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The great thing with the package is that it is easily accessible and training records can be downloaded onto excel. The governing board complete courses on a termly basis. So far they have covered child protection, online exploitation, prevent and SEND code of practice.
Head teacher, Morchard Bishop Primary School