Safer Recruitment for International Schools
This course on safer recruitment looks at what international education settings need to do to safeguard children and young people from unsuitable people who might apply to join these organisations.
This course, developed in partnership with the Council of British International Schools (COBIS), is designed to ensure that whilst making recruitment decisions, the children, young people and any adults at risk in your setting are safeguarded from harm.
This four module course comprehensively covers:
- Recognise the dangers international schools may face
- Understand the four key stages of the recruitment process
- Organise pre-recruitment plans and understand what must be in place before you advertise your post
- Learn about rejecting candidates and meeting the right ones
- Learn what is required from vetting checks, including the International Child Protection Certificate and COBIS revision
- Learn about post-recruitment
Safer Recruitment for International Schools, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £28.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £28.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 4 hours
Target Audience International education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- These courses are level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Four modules with multiple choice questionnaires
- Four CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Optional narration of each module for accessibility
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- Developed and fully endorsed by experts at COBIS
- Course id: 119
Partners / major users
What customers say
Our staff at the KCIS faculty have been raving about their EduCare training and it has generated some excellent child protection discussions in our community. In my role at the Association of International Schools in Africa (
Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA)
I liked the way the content was presented, allowing both the visual and auditory learner access to the material. The information was concise and easy to understand and can be applied directly to an educational situation.
Carol Ann Rodrigues
International School of London, Qatar