Safer Recruitment in Education
This course on safer recruitment looks at what you need to do to safeguard children and young people from unsuitable people who might apply to join your education setting.
When a vacancy arises in your organisation, you naturally want to ensure you employ the very best person for the post and this course will certainly help you to achieve this. However, the primary purpose of the course is to ensure that whilst making recruitment decisions, the children, young people and any adults at risk in your setting are safeguarded from harm.
This course is important for anyone that works in recruitment to embed safeguarding throughout every stage of the process.
This four module course delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the four key stages of the recruitment process
- pre-recruitment planning and what must be in place before you advertise your post
- rejecting candidates and meeting the right ones
- obtaining the correct checks and references, including what's required from a DBS check
- post-recruitment activities, including observation and supervision.
Safer Recruitment in Education, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £28.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection and Online Safety into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £28.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Covers the recruitment process for anyone who works with children and young people
- Available online
- Delivers 4 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Course id: 464
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users