Safeguarding Young People
Colleges and Universities
Safeguarding Young People (Colleges and Universities), endorsed by established youth organisations, provides the key information needed to help raise your awareness of young people who may be vulnerable because of their age, relative inexperience, past abusive experiences or current circumstances.
Safeguarding Young People is written for those who work with young people aged 16-25 in a further or higher education college setting, but the principles of the course apply to anybody who comes into contact with young people in their work or voluntary activity.
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
- who may be vulnerable
- the signs and indicators of abuse
- what to do if a young person confides abuse to you
- the importance of acting on your concerns, suspicions or a disclosure
- good practice.
Safeguarding Young People Colleges and Universities, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding for anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable young people through their work in a college or university
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD credit
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by UK Youth
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by