Understanding Low Mood and Depression for International Schools
Low mood causes us to feel sad, anxious or worried and is an appropriate reaction to things that we experience in life. Depression however, is more than simply feeling unhappy or fed-up for a few days. This course will help you understand these issues.
This course covers:
- the difference between low mood and depression
- the main causes of low mood and depression and indicators that may make a young person more likely to experience them
- the signs and symptoms of low mood and depression including an explanation on how depression is usually described
- specific types of depression and the conditions or events related to them
- the ways in which you can help and support children and young people dealing with low mood and depression including strategies to help improve their mood
- the support available to people dealing with low mood and depression including specialist mental health support
- a scenario explaining ways to communicate with someone suffering from low mood and depression and how you can begin to understand the causes so that you can find the right help and support for them
- further help and support for people dealing with low mood and depression including helplines and urgent support services.
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as an addition to EduCare for Education for International Schools. Please contact us if you would like more information or a quotation.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- Optional narration for accessibility
- One CPD credit, with individual personalised downloadable certificates.
- 70% pass mark.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The great thing with the package is that it is easily accessible and training records can be downloaded onto excel. The governing board complete courses on a termly basis. So far they have covered child protection, online exploitation, prevent and SEND code of practice.
Head teacher, Morchard Bishop Primary School