Health and Safety in Education
Colleges and Universities
Health & Safety in Education (Colleges and Universities) will give all staff working in a further or higher education setting a basic yet comprehensive knowledge of health and safety.
This course, accredited by RoSPA, meets the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) ‘Working Safely’ standards and will give anyone working in a college or university the knowledge to tackle underlying causes of accidents in their organisation. It covers the essential facts to help you work more safely and contribute to the overall safety of your organisation.
- an introduction to health and safety, the fundamental concepts and risk assessment
- common workplace health and safety hazards and how to control them
- improving performance
- the Plan
,Do ,Check, Act approach to managing health and safety
- emergency procedures, accident investigation and first aid.
Health and Safety in Education - Colleges and Universities, what are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 6 hours
Target Audience Education
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Accredited by RoSPA
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses).
- Delivers 6 CPD hours
- 80% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Partners / major users