Health and Safety in Education
Colleges and Universities
This five-module interactive course is for anyone who works with young people in further or higher education settings.
This course aims to improve your understanding of the health and safety essentials that will help you to minimise workplace risks and contribute to the security of your organisation.
The course outlines your legal responsibilities and the significance of effective health and safety. It also includes information on identifying hazards and risks, controlling these, and employer and employee responsibilities. It also covers common health and safety hazards, and how to manage your health and safety processes. Examples throughout aid understanding and embed learning.
Towards the end, this course provides insights into dealing with accidents and emergencies and covers standard procedures such as first aid and the role of RIDDOR. It also discusses the role of enforcement officers.
A questionnaire at the end of each module will test your knowledge, and the pass mark for each is 70%. Upon your successful completion of Health and Safety in Education (Colleges and Universities), you can download a personalised certificate. The completed course equates to five CPD credits.
There is optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility and a printable module for future reference.
Health and Safety in Education - Colleges and Universities, what are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Education
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- Delivers 5 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning