Child Protection Refresher for International Schools
This three-module interactive course is for anyone who works with children and young people in school settings. It is written in partnership with Global Safeguarding, a specialist safeguarding agency that works around the world to eliminate all forms of abuse and exploitation.
Module one outlines the varying forms of child abuse and child exploitation. It also covers online abuse, child abduction, child-on-child abuse, and extremism and radicalisation.
Module two covers how to deal with a disclosure, the effects of abuse, and a case review. It also goes into detail on the importance of listening and how to develop your listening skills.
Module three discusses current safeguarding concerns, including monitoring and filtering, the increase of sexism and sexual harassment within schools, and the importance of understanding mental health. It also considers safer working practices for child protection.
A questionnaire at the end of each module will test your knowledge, and the pass mark for each is 70%. Upon your successful completion of Child Protection Refresher for International Schools 2023, you can download a personalised certificate. The completed course equates to 3 CPD credits.
There is optional narration of the course and questionnaires for accessibility, as well as printable modules for future reference.
What are my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our online learning service for international schools which combines a wide range of courses and a robust reporting suite into one cost-effective package.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price Not for individual sale
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience Education
- Three modules with multiple choice questionnaires
- Three CPD credits
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The great thing with the package is that it is easily accessible and training records can be downloaded onto excel. The governing board complete courses on a termly basis. So far they have covered child protection, online exploitation, prevent and SEND code of practice.
Head teacher, Morchard Bishop Primary School