Child Protection in Education (Music)
Updated for KCSIE 2021
Child Protection in Education (Music), developed by the Musicians' Union, is for those who work with children and young people in a music setting.
Child Protection in Education (Music), is a bespoke online course developed by the Musicians' Union in partnership with EduCare. The purpose of this course is to raise your awareness of abuse, neglect and other harms, help you to recognise early signs that might indicate a problem, and guide you on how to take appropriate action.
This course is suitable for anyone who works with children and young people in a music setting.
- what forms child abuse can take (including other harms such as FGM, forced marriage and sexual exploitation) and the effect it can have
- extremism, radicalisation, and the Prevent duty
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system.
The course also includes short films demonstrating good and bad practice examples on the following issues:
- inappropriate communication with children
- inappropriate demonstration of technique
- dealing with a difficult group situation
- responding to concerns about abuse
Child Protection in Education (Music), what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £24.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as part of our comprehensive e-learning service, EduCare for Education.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £24.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Education
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- The Child Protection in Education (Music) course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Developed by the Musicians’ Union in partnership with EduCare
- Endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives
- Available online
- Delivers 5 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- Course id: 494
Accredited / endorsed by