Child Protection Fundamentals
This course provides an introduction to child protection for those whose work or volunteer activity brings them into infrequent contact with children.
This course provides an introduction to child protection offering practical advice and real-life scenarios to enable you to implement safe working practices when working or volunteering with children.
If your work brings you into regular contact with children and young people, you will require more in-depth knowledge and you should undertake one of our comprehensive Child Protection courses.
After completing the course you will:
- Understand what child abuse is, and the difference between safeguarding and child protection.
- Realise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and that being vigilant is crucial
- Recognise some of the signs of abuse and the characteristics of neglect
- Know how to respond if you have a concern or if a child confides abuse to you
- Know how to share information and how to deal with allegations against staff in your organisation
- Have considered different real-life scenarios to enable you to implement good and safe working practices.
Child Protection Fundamentals, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience All
- Introductory level course.
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
Optional narrationof the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and
printable modulefor future reference.
- Course id: 13199
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"We put our Group Leaders through the Child Protection courses. For us, the main benefits of EduCare were that it covered the NVQ requirements and was a useful, flexible training tool to reach people who need the information but could not always attend a training session."
Apprenticeship Course Manager, PGL Travel