Child Protection in Education
Child Protection in Education, endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives is designed for those who work with children and young people in an education setting.
Child protection is about protecting children from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect and keeping them safe from harm. It is about promoting the health and welfare of children and young people helping them to grow up in a safe and supportive environment.
This course is important for anyone that works with children and young people in an education setting.
- what forms child abuse can take (including other harms such as FGM, Forced Marriage and Sexual Exploitation) and the effects it can have
- radicalisation, extremism and the Prevent duty
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.
Child Protection Secondary, what the are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £29.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £29.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Education
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children, young people and their parents in an education setting
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives
- Certificate accredited Kidscape and Family Lives
Partners / major users
What customers say
We put our Group Leaders through the Child Protection courses. For us, the main benefits of EduCare were that it covered the NVQ requirements and was a useful, flexible training tool to reach people who need the information but could not always attend a training session.
Jo Mortimer, Apprenticeship Course Manager, PGL Travel
Excellent, very useful and straight forward.
Jordana Motta Arribas, Stroud High School