Child Neglect for International Schools
This course for international schools will provide a thorough insight into child neglect, covering the essential facts to raise your awareness of neglect.
This course provides a thorough understanding to anyone who comes into contact with children and young people on child neglect.
- Understand what neglect is and how common it is.
- Recognise the different areas of a child or young person’s life that neglect may touch and the cost of neglect to society.
- Identify the key components of effective parenting and the factors that may contribute to child neglect.
- Understand the work of professionals in children’s social care, whose job it is to weigh up all the factors and consider interventions to protect children who may be at risk of harm.
- Identify the signs and indicators that should alert you to the possibility a child or young person is being neglected and how to report your concerns.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience International Education
- Level 2 course (as graded against UK nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- Enhanced with an optional narration feature for accessibility purposes.
- 70% pass mark.
- Three modules with multiple-choice questionnaires.
- Delivers 3 CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- Interactive design for higher engagement.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
What customers say
"I thought this was excellent training. As a Headmaster, I am involved in Child Protection cases in the school. Whilst I was confident of the frameworks, etc, this training was very reassuring. Well done."
Headmaster, Holmwood House School