Understanding Anxiety for International Schools
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, fear and unease. Everyone will feel anxious or stressed at some point in their life; these are natural emotional responses to some situations. The purpose of this course is to help you support children and young people who may be experiencing anxiety.
This course covers:
- the types of anxiety and common causes
- symptoms which a young person may experience both physically and psychologically
- the typical signs of anxiety to look out for in a child or young person
- the common triggers for anxiety
- panic attacks and the typical symptoms people may experience and exercises on how to reduce them
- why someone may be suffering from anxiety and suggested self-help methods to help them to deal with it
- other support methods you can offer to someone suffering from anxiety including psychological therapies
- further support on anxiety including services and helplines that are available
Buy as part of a training package
This course can be bought as an addition to EduCare for Education for International Schools. Please contact us if you would like more information or a quotation.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Education
- Optional narration for accessibility
- One CPD credit, with individual personalised downloadable certificates.
- 70% pass mark.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The great thing with the package is that it is easily accessible and training records can be downloaded onto excel. The governing board complete courses on a termly basis. So far they have covered child protection, online exploitation, prevent and SEND code of practice.
Head teacher, Morchard Bishop Primary School