Adverse Childhood Experiences
The purpose of this course is to help you understand what adverse childhood experiences are and how they may affect children growing up. Using statistical evidence, the course also highlights the potential impact that ACEs can have in adulthood. Not everyone who has been exposed to ACEs will have negative outcomes, but understanding ACEs will help support the work and relationships you have with children.
The purpose of the course is to help you:
- understand what ACEs are & the two main categories
- understand trauma including the concept of 'Fight, Flight or Freeze' mode
- understand the term toxic stress and its effects on the developing brains of children and adolescents
- understand attachment theory and the differences between secure and insecure attachment in children
- be aware of the potential negative impact (supported by statistics) that being exposed to ACEs
- understand what the protective factors are
- understand what children and young people who experience trauma need to enable them to cope
- improve your listening skills to help you understand the child’s perspective and offer them appropriate support
- understand resilience and how working with parents can help a child become more resilient
- understand what you can do to help break the cycle of ACEs when working with children and families.
Adverse Childhood Experiences, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of our training course packages which combine a wide range of appropriate courses.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Education, Health & Social Care
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire.
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
Optionalnarration of each module for accessibility.
- Printable modules for future reference.
- Course id: 196
Accredited / endorsed by