When it comes to safeguarding the young people in your care, your team are your most important tool. A well-trained, effective, and conscientious team makes all the difference when it comes to ensuring the well-being of children and young people.
Child Protection in Education (Music)
Child Protection in Education (Music), developed by the Musicians' Union, is for those who work with children and young people in a music setting.
Child Protection in Education (Music), is a bespoke online course developed by the Musicians' Union in partnership with EduCare. The purpose of this programme is to raise your awareness of abuse, neglect and other harms, help you to recognise early signs that might indicate a problem, and guide you on how to take appropriate action.
This programme is suitable for anyone who works with children and young people in a music setting.
This five module programme delivers five CPD hours and covers:
- what forms child abuse can take (including other harms such as FGM, forced marriage and sexual exploitation) and the effect it can have
- extremism, radicalisation, and the Prevent duty
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system.
The programme also includes short films demonstrating good and bad practice examples on the following issues:
- inappropriate communication with children
- inappropriate demonstration of technique
- dealing with a difficult group situation
- responding to concerns about abuse.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training programmes that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the programme, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online programme
- Five simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Five accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the programme pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple programme instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
This programme can be included alongside other programmes as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of programmes relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own programmes from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- EduCare for Health
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this programme? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire programme tailored to your exact requirements
1. Child Development
This module will cover child development and the factors that can influence it and it also helps to assess situations and/or physical behavioural signs that your instinct tells you are not right.
2. Forms of Child Abuse
This module will cover what child abuse is and the different types of abuse and the effects that it can have on a child. This module will also cover the myths that surround child abuse.
3. Recognising and Responding to Abuse
This module covers the signs that may indicate a child or young person is being abused and how you should respond if a child confides in you about abuse and how to deal with concerns where a child has not confided in you. This module also covers how to handle concerns about a young person, including ways to start a difficult conversation top show you are available and will be supportive if they need you. Finally this module covers the barriers to reporting abuse for both adults and children.
4. Reporting Abuse and the Child Protection System
This module covers how to report abuse and what happens once you have reported your concerns.
5. Good Practice
This module covers the national picture for safeguarding which provides the framework against which all organisations base their own safeguarding arrangements. This module also looks at developing a safe environment for children, young people and staff (also known as a safer learner environment) and its key components. Finally this module looks at practical ideas on how to embed safeguarding practice, both on an organisational and individual level.
Test & Certificate
The Child Protection in Education (Music) programme concludes with five multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
- The Child Protection in Education (Music) programme is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Developed by the Musicians’ Union in partnership with EduCare
- Endorsed by Kidscape, Family Lives and 4Children
- Available online
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Partners / major users