EduCare are seeking a passionate and creative Production Executive/Instructional Designer to join the growing team in Leamington Spa.
An Induction to Boarding for International Schools
An Induction to Boarding for International Schools, written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association, is designed to underline and reinforce the crucial underpinning knowledge and skills that are so necessary to any role in boarding schools and the associated pastoral duties.
An Induction to Boarding, written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association, is designed to underline and reinforce the crucial underpinning knowledge and skills that are so necessary to any role in boarding schools and the associated pastoral duties. It is aimed at staff working in international boarding schools.
This four module programme delivers four CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- best practice guidelines on the boarding environment
- key aspects of boarders' safety
- safeguarding and child protection
- school policies, procedures and protocols
- creating a safe, effective and successful boarding framework
- working effectively
- assessing and meeting the needs of boarders.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training programmes that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the programme, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online programme
- Four simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Four accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the programme pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple programme instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
As part of an EduCare licence
An Induction to Boarding for International Schools can be included alongside other programmes as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of programmes relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own programmes from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this programme? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire programme tailored to your exact requirements
1. The Boarding Framework
This module covers the boarding framework and the best practice guidance on the boarding environment. This module also covers the key aspects of boarders’ safety, the differences between safeguarding and child protection and school policies, procedures and protocols and how they work together to support you in your boarding role.
2. Working Safely
This module covers what is needed to create a safe, effective and successful boarding framework and how to work safely and the key elements that will support you in doing so.
3. Working Effectively
This module covers how to work effectively, including communicating and sharing information, listening to learners and advocating for them, as well as being a good role model.
4. Identifying and Meeting the Needs of Boarders
This module covers how we might assess and meet the needs of the boarders.
Test & Certificate
An Induction to Boarding for International Schools programme concludes with four multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 4 hours
- Covers basic safeguarding training with a focus on international boarding school environments
- Available online only
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association
- Certificate accredited by the Boarding Schools’ Association
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The BSA is pleased to have EduCare as a partner in this exciting online CPD offering to our 450 member schools. The challenges of delivering timely and cost effective training for staff cannot be underestimated and the new programme, which EduCare have helped us to develop and deliver, is proving to be a highly popular and an effective means of meeting the needs of schools and their staff. By engaging with a partner such as EduCare, the BSA have been able to make the most of their extensive experience, knowledge and skills to provide a key new service to our members.
Alex Thomson, Director of Training, Boarding Schools’ Association