Understanding and Addressing Behaviour in the Early Years
This course explores behaviour issues in young children and provides guidance on how best to address common concerns and when to refer on more serious issues.
This course begins by defining behaviour and goes on to look at influences on children’s behaviour. Advice is given on addressing common behaviour issues, as well as more persistent and challenging behaviours.
Module 1 - Children's Behaviour
- Definiing behaviour
- Influences on children's behaviour
- Level of development
- Early experiences and relationships including secure attachments and emotional intelligence
- Parenting and different parenting styles
- Children with SEND
- Safeguarding issues
- Other issues including environmental, biological and transitions
- Addressing common behaviour issues using different approaches such as high scope, facilitated support, changing behaviours and using rewards and sanctions
- Identifying triggers for behaviour and the 'ABC Check'
Module 2 - Addressing Persistent and Challenging Behaviours
- Early intervention
- Persistent and challenging behaviours
- Sexualised behaviours
- Children with SEND
- Other issues
- Physical intervention
- Reasonable force
- Risks of physical intervention
- Intervention procedures including what to record
What are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £18.50 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners. Discounts are available for
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Early Years, Parents
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire.
- Two CPD credits*.
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference.
Partners / major users
What customers say
"The training you provide is fantastic, we use the training for staff meeting and for updating our committee. Absolutely brilliant, we use the training all the time. We
wouldn’t be without it."
Manager, Cholsey Pre-School