The Importance of Self-Evaluation
Endorsed by CACHE
The purpose of this course is to help you understand what self-evaluation is, its key elements and the importance of self-evaluation when it comes to an Ofsted inspection.
Course content includes:
- An introduction detailing why self-evaluation is important and why it should be included as part of a setting’s regular cycle of long-term planning.
- Learn about the six key elements of self-evaluation which includes areas such as informed judgement, reflection, impact and more.
- Details on different forms of self-evaluation, and how inspectors use this information when it comes to a setting’s inspection.
- A look at what Ofsted expect when it comes to evidence that the provider is evaluating the quality of the provision.
- Important information on action planning, including how self-evaluation is measured, and a useful action plan that you can download and use.
The Importance of Self-Evaluation, what are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £14.00 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners. Discounts are available for
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 Hours
Target Audience Early Years
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C)
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit*
Optionalnarration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable modules for future reference
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
EduCare is an important partner for the Alliance, they share our commitment to excellence. We are delighted to be working with them to deliver the best possible support we can offer to the early
CEO, Early Years Alliance