Supporting Early Language Development
Supporting Early Language Development looks at how language development starts, focusing on babies and toddlers up to the age of three.
This course looks at what recent research into language development tells us and this course offers opportunities to reflect on your own practice and provision.
This one module course delivers one CPD hour and comprehensively covers:
- how newborn babies communicate with their significant carer
- the difference between infant-directed speech and baby-talk
- the effect parents’ responses to a babbling baby can have on their language development
- strategies which help support children’s language development, and extend their vocabulary
- the importance of reading, sharing stories and rhymes.
Supporting Early Language Development, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Pre-school Learning Alliance membership.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £9.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early years
- Written with experts at the Pre-School Learning Alliance
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD credit
- Available online only
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
- 'Supporting Early Language Development' is free to all Pre-school Learning Alliance members and their staff as part of the benefits of membership.
Partners / major users
What customers say
"I find these courses are useful to support and refresh my learning as it is not always possible or affordable to attend 'physical' training sessions."