Supporting Children with SEND
in the Early Years
This course covers what SEND is, legal obligations, different models of disability, how to create an inclusive early years environment and effective partnerships that will benefit children in your setting who have SEND.
This Pre-school Learning Alliance course covers:
- what SEND is
- the law and SEND
- the different models of disability
- the different areas of needs
- how to create an inclusive early years environment
- how to develop partnerships that will help to support children with SEND.
This course also includes case study activities to help contextualise the learning content as well as reflective and knowledge check questions, drag and drop activities and video content to support and cement key learning points
Supporting Children with SEND, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Pre-school Learning Alliance membership.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 Hours
Target Audience Early Years Practitioners
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- Two modules with multiple choice questionnaires
- Two CPD credits with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Written in partnership with the Pre-school Learning Alliance
Optionalnarration of the modules for accessibility
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
Partners / major users
What customers say
"Feedback from learners has been overwhelmingly positive with over 98% recommending the courses to others. EduCare is an important partner for the Alliance, they share our commitment to excellence."
Pre-school Learning Alliance