Speech, Language and Communication in the Early Years
The purpose of this course is to explain what is meant by speech, language and communication, how we communicate and how we can enable and promote good communication skills that prepare children for their next stage.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the whole process of communication and its development
- Learn about why communication is important
- Gain information on skills children need to develop to be successful communicators
- Understand interactions between adults and children
- Gain information on enabling environments
What are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £10.50 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners. Discounts are available for
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early Years, Parents
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire.
- One CPD credit*.
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference.
Partners / major users
What customers say
"EduCare is an important partner for the Alliance, they share our commitment to excellence. We are delighted to be working with them to deliver the best possible support we can offer to the early years sector in these diffi cult times."
CEO, Early Years Alliance