eLearning is being used in many industries and sectors as a new way for learners to gain the knowledge and skills required for work. Certified training courses are benefiting so many businesses — but what exactly are those benefits?
School Exclusions, written by experts at ACE Education, is designed to ensure everybody involved in the exclusions process understands the September 2012 statutory guidance on exclusions.
ACE Education School Exclusions, written by experts at ACE Education, is designed to ensure everybody involved in the exclusions process understands the September 2012 statutory guidance on exclusions, which remains current. Whilst 2015 guidance was issued, it was then withdrawn and so the 2012 guidance continues to apply to all school exclusions in England.
This five module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the national statistics on exclusions
- the exclusions process and appeals, who has the power to exclude, and the different types of exclusion
- the head teacher's decision to exclude
- the governing body's duty to consider exclusions
- The Independent Review Panel and Special Educational Needs Expert
- a summary of law and guidance including the major changes.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Five simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Five accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare licence
This ‘ACE Education School Exclusions’ course can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
This module covers the national statistics on exclusions and the trends they highlight and the exclusion process and appeals. This module also looks at who has the power to exclude and the different types of exclusion.
2. The Head Teacher's Decision to Exclude
This module covers the factors that should be taken into account before deciding to exclude and the communication process that needs to be put in place if the decision to exclude is made.
3. Governing body's duty to consider exclusions
This module covers the governing body’s duty to consider exclusions and the various factors that they must take into account depending on the type of exclusion, the duration and whether the child or young person will miss a public examination or a national curriculum test as a result of the exclusion.
4. The Independent Review Panel and Special Educational Needs Expert
This module covers the role and procedures undertaken by independent review panels.
5. A Summary of the Law and Guidance
This module covers the main changes to school exclusions brought about by legislation and the primary differences between the 2012 statutory guidance and its predecessor the 2008 guidance.
Test & Certificate
The ACE Education School Exclusions course concludes with five multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
- Covers recent major changes in legislation regarding school exclusions
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Written by experts at ACE education
- Certificate accredited by ACE Education
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
We chose to partner with EduCare because we have a synergy with their clearly written ‘need to know’ material. They already have an extensive range of expert-written safeguarding and duty of care courses, so we believe the partnership will work well.
Chris East, ACE Education