Safeguarding in Sport
The purpose of this course is to help you understand what safeguarding is and what you need to put in place to help safeguard children and young people, as well as promote a safe environment for everyone involved in sport.
This course provides an understanding of what safeguarding is when it comes to children and young people in sport.
The purpose of the course is to:
- raise your awareness of the importance of safeguarding
- help you to recognise indicators of safeguarding concerns
- deal with concerns of abuse, disclosures and reporting procedures
- show you how to take action if you know or suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult needs help
- promote good practice in your setting and create a safer environment.
Safeguarding in Sport, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Sport®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Sport
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- A fully interactive course comprising two modules and two questionnaires.
- Optional narration for accessibility.
- Two CPD credits.
- Personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Additional resources include printable handouts with information about disclosures and helpline contacts and downloadable modules for future reference.
- Course id: 157
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
UKA coaches and officials are able to complete certified courses at their own pace and in their own time. They ensure our members are compliant and up-to-date on essential safeguarding.
Welfare Lead, UK Athletics