Safeguarding Children in Health & Social Care
This course has been developed for anyone in a health or social care setting whose work requires them to come into contact with children and young people.
This course provides a thorough understanding of abuse and neglect, how to recognise it and how to report it in a health or social care setting.
- Explores normal child development and the developmental milestones
- Describes the main forms of abuse
- Covers signs that might indicate an abuse concern
- Highlights the importance of children’s rights
- Details how to respond and take action if abuse is suspected or a child or young person confides abuse
- How to report concerns
- Covers safeguarding legislation and good practice
Safeguarding Children in Health & Social Care, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £29.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care®, our training course package that maps to both the Care Certificate* and the UK Core Skills Training Framework for health (CSTF).
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £29.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Health & Social Care
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
The courses are a very practical and
Dave Cartlidge, Training Manager