Mental Health, Dementia & Learning Disabilities
in Health & Social Care
This course is essential learning for health and social care staff who support people with mental health conditions, dementia or learning disabilities.
This course will raise awareness and understanding of the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities and explain how to help people to exercise their rights. It also provides guidance on delivering person-centred care and covers the fundamentals of capacity and consent.
- Understand the difference between mental wellbeing and mental ill health
- Recognise the conditions that affect mental health
- Appreciate the different roles of people who work in mental health
- Understand the signs and symptoms of different mental health conditions, dementia and learning disability
- Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Recognise the importance of early detection Identify the adjustments which may be necessary in delivering person-centred care
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to the treatment and care of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £38.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses.
Training the way you want it
Create your own package to suit your needs. Pick the courses you need from our extensive range to suit your organisation.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Provides extra resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Provide personalised downloadable certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Health & Care
- Contact us for more information on multi-user discounts
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Rich in video content
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say"The courses are a very practical and
Dave Cartlidge, Training Manager