Manual Handling in Health
& Social Care
This course is designed to show health and social care staff what manual handling is and the risks associated with unsafe practice.
This course provides a thorough understanding of manual handling, how to protect yourself and provide the best care for patients. Understand the principles of safer handling and how to provide the best quality care using appropriate, safe and dignified moving and handling strategies.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- recognise manual handling risk factors and how injuries can occur
- understand your own responsibilities under legislation and organisational policies for moving and handling
- understand the principles of safer handling
- identify how to provide patients with the best quality care using appropriate, safe and dignified moving and handling strategies
- choose suitable risk control strategies, resources and support.
Manual Handling in Health & Social Care, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £18.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £18.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 2 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
- Course id: 114
Accredited / endorsed by