Introduction to Yoga with Young Children
Yoga is a form of exercise that focuses on strength, flexibility and breathing with the aim of improving physical and mental wellbeing. The aim of this course is to introduce a yoga programme that is suitable for all young children and can be delivered by practitioners in an early years setting. Studies have shown that young children practicing regular yoga experience a decrease in stress, have fewer behaviour issues, better overall learning and development outcomes, and increased strength and flexibility in the body
This course covers:
- why children's yoga is important and how it can improve a child's mental & physical health
- designing an engaging programme o support children's mental and emotional wellbeing
- explanations of the benefits of introducing yoga in an early setting
- exercises you can use to create a tailored programme
- the importance of having fun and praising childrens' efforts at each stage
- the positive impact meditation sessions can have on a child's personal development
- a summary of key points in the course
What are my buying options?
You can buy this course from EduCare's online shop for £10.50 + VAT. You will need to register or log in to complete the purchase. You can purchase courses for up to ten people and allocate access to other learners. Discounts are available for
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership training package which is FREE to access for all members.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early Years, Parents
- One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire.
- One CPD credit*.
- Optional narration of the course module and questionnaire for accessibility
- Personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Printable module for future reference.
- Course id: 208
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
"The training you provide is fantastic, we use the training for staff meetings and for updating our committee. Absolutely brilliant, we use the training all the time. We wouldn’t be without it. "
Manager, Cholsey Pre-School