Information Governance & Data Security
in Health & Social Care
This course is vital for anyone who works in the health or social care who works with or can access personal, confidential and sensitive information.
This course will help to ensure that people working with patient or service user information are aware of their responsibilities under the law to keep it safe and secure and share it appropriately.
- Gives an overview of the General Data Protection Regulation and its overarching principles for record writing, storage and sharing
- Defines confidentiality, data protection, freedom of information and subject access requests
- Identifies and discusses examples of good and poor information governance including confidentiality, the Caldicott principles, data protection, freedom of information, and how to handle subject access requests
- Describes the principles of good record keeping, keeping records secure and the correct retention and disposal periods
- Explains what an organisation must do to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation
- Gives an overview of the Freedom of Information Act, its principles and how it affects data protection
- Explains the responsibilities of those working in health and social care, including confidentiality and types of consent, ethical and legal dilemmas and how to share information appropriately.
Information Governance & Data Security, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £27.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £27.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.