Infection Prevention & Control
in Health & Social Care
This course will help to ensure that anyone who provides direct care to individuals in the health and social care sector understands the use of standard infection prevention and control measures.
This course has been specifically designed for anyone who has a responsibility in the prevention and control of infections as part of their role in a health or social care setting. On completion, learners will have gained an overview of the key elements of infection control, understand how infections might occur and how good practice can reduce their likelihood and prevent their spread.
- Explains what a healthcare-associated infection (HCAI) is and how these infections spread
- Describes the impact HCAIs have on individuals, your duty of care and managing infections in the workplace to prevent their spread
- Explores the factors that make it more likely that an infection will occur
- Describes how healthcare staff can help prevent infections from being transmitted
- Describes how hand hygiene and personal protective equipment help prevent the spread of infection
- Identifies how to manage blood, body fluids and sharps, as well as the environment and care equipment
- Explains how to assess an infection risk and the need for protective clothing
- How to handle day-to-day incidents
- Describes the legislation related to infection prevention and control.
Infection Prevention & Control, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £17.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses.
Training the way you want it
Create your own package to suit your needs. Pick the courses you need from our extensive range to suit your organisation.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Provides extra resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Provide personalised downloadable certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 2 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- Interactive game on waste management to embed knowledge
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
"West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation work with EduCare on a range of e-learning programmes. We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also a good resource as it allows learners to refer back to content even after they have completed their training. I would definitely recommend EduCare to other organisations who need to undertake staff training."
Julian Rhodes, Head of Education
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust