Health & Safety in Health & Social Care
This course has been developed for anyone working in a health or social care setting who is responsible for the health, safety and security of individuals.
This course guides you through the need-to-know essentials that will help you to work more safely and make a positive contribution to the wellbeing and security of your health or social care setting.
- Identify legislation about general health and safety in the workplace
- Describe the main points of your employer’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of acting in ways that are consistent with legislation, policies and procedures for maintaining your own and others’ health and safety
- Understand the organisation’s commitment to
- Explain how to access additional support and information about health and safety
- Understand the organisation’s arrangements for consulting with employees on health and safety matters
- Understand how to apply and promote safe working practices specific to individual job roles
- Understand the meaning of hazard, risk and risk assessment
- Know how to raise health and safety concerns.
Health & Safety in Health & Social Care, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £44.00 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £44.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 6 hours
Target Audience Health & Social Care
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 6 CPD credits, including video content with six multiple choice questionnaires
- 70% pass mark
- Rich in video content
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
- Course id: 109
What customers say
"We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also a good resource as learners can refer back to the content even after they have completed the training."
Head of Education at West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust