Food Hygiene Essentials
in Health & Social Care
This one-module course has been developed for anyone who has responsibility for handling food as part of their work role in a Health or Social Care setting.
This course has been specifically designed for anyone who has a responsibility for handling foods as part of their role in a health or social care setting. It covers essential good hygiene practices and how to maintain hygienic premises and equipment.
This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and CSTF standards for Health and covers:
- Recognise the different types of food hazards
- Focus on the role that bacteria plays in causing illness and spoiling food
- Understand the 4C approach to avoiding hazards
- Learn the importance of personal hygiene and maintaining hygienic premises and equipment
- How to handle special dietary requirements and food allergies
- Learn about the different policies and procedures relevant to your organisation.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care®, our training course package that maps to both the Care Certificate* and the UK Core Skills Training Framework for health (CSTF).
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD hour
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.