Fluids & Nutrition
in Health & Social Care
This course has been developed for anyone who has a responsibility for ensuring sufficient levels of hydration and nutrition as part of their work role in a health or social care setting.
All staff working in health or social care settings should be able to recognise when a person is not eating or drinking properly and should be aware of food safety. This course provides health and care workers with the skills and knowledge to ensure that patients and service users receive the appropriate level of hydration and nutrition. It also covers the importance of food safety and explains the 4 C’s. This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate standards and the Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) for health.
This course provides a thorough understanding of how staff can ensure adequate hydration and nutrition for people in their care.
- Understand why good nutrition and hydration are important
- Identify the signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration
- Learn how to promote adequate nutrition and hydration
- Know how to report concerns
- Recognise the importance of food safety.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Test & Certificate
The Fluids & Nutrition in Health and Social Care course concludes with one multiple choice questionnaire with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
In association with
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 1 CPD hour
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- Interactive video and game content underpin learning
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
"West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation work with EduCare on a range of e-learning programmes. We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also
Julian Rhodes, Head of Education
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust