First Aid Essentials
in Health & Social Care
This course has been developed for anyone who works in a health or social care setting to give them the confidence to provide emergency assistance.
This First Aid Essentials in Health & Social Care course follows the knowledge content of the one-day Emergency First Aid at Work and paediatric courses, with the addition of heart attack and stroke. It will assist you in developing the skills necessary to enable you to assess the scene of an incident, carry out lifesaving checks on a casualty, give first aid if necessary, and whilst doing this, keep yourself safe.
The purpose of this course is to give you a practical guide on how to handle an incident that may require first aid. The course is not intended to teach you how to first aid, but it is designed to give you
- Understanding DR ABC
- How to provide basic life support for adults, children and infants, including using a defibrillator
- How to react in
life threateningsituations, with highly engaging interactive video content that enables you to practice your first aid skills
- For health workers: How to recognise patient deterioration in adults, children and infants
- How to deal with an adult, child or infant who is in shock, choking, drowning, seizing, bleeding or having an allergic reaction
- Understand what to do if somebody has a broken bone or experienced a burn
- How to recognise if someone is having a stroke or heart attack
- How to handle day-to-day incidents
- The first aid box and what it should contain, including an interactive game to embed knowledge.
First Aid Essentials in Health & Social Care, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £28.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £28.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 4 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- Interactive video and game content underpin learning
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
"West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation work with EduCare on a range of e-learning programmes. We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also a good resource as it allows learners to refer back to content even after they have completed their training. I would definitely recommend EduCare to other organisations who need to undertake staff training."
Julian Rhodes Head of Education
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust