Equality and Diversity
in Health & Social Care
This course provides a thorough understanding of equality and diversity, helping to introduce new recruits to the subject or act as a refresher for current employees.
The Equality & Diversity in Health & Social Care course covers what equality, diversity, inclusion and discrimination mean and how they affect health and care workers in their role. It explains the barriers that can prevent equality being recognised and describes how to work in an inclusive way to reduce the likelihood of discrimination. The course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) for health.
- Understand what equality and diversity mean and how they affect you and your role
- Recognise the barriers that can prevent equality from being realised such as prejudice, stereotyping, labelling and unfair discrimination
- Understand the main types of discrimination and discriminatory practices in health and social care and how to challenge them
- Learn how to model inclusive practice in your role
- Learn about the key legislation and codes of practice, and both employers’ and employees’ responsibilities in relation to it
- Discover how to access information, advice and support about equality, diversity and inclusion.
Equality and Diversity - Health & Social Care, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £17.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care, our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £17.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Health
- Provides an introduction to the Equality Act 2010 and the ‘protected characteristics’ that form the basis of the law
- The Equality & Diversity course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 2 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
What customers say
"The courses are a very practical and
Dave Cartlidge, Training Manager