Effective Safeguarding Practices (Revised 2019)
The purpose of this course is to provide a sound understanding of effective safeguarding practice and ensure that if you are presented with a safeguarding concern you will know how to respond effectively.
The programme comprises four modules and four questionnaires.
The content covers:
- the language and principles of safeguarding
- the legal and statutory regulation of early years
- the potential signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- how to refer concerns and work with other agencies to safeguard children.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price Free for Alliance members
Max. Duration 4 hours
Target Audience Early Years
- Written by expert authors
- Available free online as part of the Early Years Alliance’s membership package
- This programme is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training programmes)
- Delivers 4 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Certificate upon completion provides evidence of learning
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
“Over 124,000 Alliance members have completed the free training courses developed in partnership with EduCare. While the Sector continues to be seriously under-funded, the demand for free, CPD-recognised training is likely to rise as well. For us, the benefits of the partnership with EduCare for our members remains indisputable.”
Early Years Alliance