Duty of Care, Privacy and Dignity
in Health & Social Care
This course provides a thorough understanding of duty of care, privacy and dignity and is suitable for anyone working in a health or social care environment.
This course will help to ensure that anyone who provides care to patients or service users understands the importance of
- Discusses what duty of care means and how it can affect workers in their role
- Explores the barriers that may be encountered between a person’s rights and exercising
- Discusses what mental capacity means and how a person’s capacity may be assessed
- Looks at how to handle difficult situations
- Explains how to help people become active participants in decisions
that that affectthem
- Examines how to effectively recognise and report adverse incidents that may occur from a patient’s medical management
- Identifies the principles that underpin privacy and dignity in care and how to maintain it at all times.
Duty of Care, Privacy and Dignity, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £26.00 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Health & Social Care, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses.
Training the way you want it
Create your own package to suit your needs. Pick the courses you need from our extensive range to suit your organisation.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Provides extra resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Provide personalised downloadable certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £26.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 3 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
"West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation work with EduCare on a range of e-learning programmes. We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also a good resource as it allows learners to refer back to content even after they have completed their training. I would definitely recommend EduCare to other organisations who need to undertake staff training."
Julian Rhodes, Head of Education
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust