Communication Skills & Handling Information
in Health & Social Care
This course provides a thorough understanding of communication skills and handling information, helping workers in the health and social care sector to develop positive relationships with those using the services and their families.
This course will help to ensure that anyone who provides care to patients or service users understands the importance of effective communication and the principles of confidentiality in day-to-day practice.
- Explains the importance of effective communication at work
- Illustrates how to meet the communication and language needs, wishes and preferences of individuals
- Discusses the barriers to communication and how to effectively overcome them
- Shows how to correctly record and report the care work undertaken
- Explains how to apply the basic principles of confidentiality in day-to-day practice.
Communication Skills & Handling Information, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £17.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in our comprehensive online learning service that includes essential training for health and social care staff.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £17.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 2 hours
Target Audience Health
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 2 CPD credits
- 70% pass mark
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Additional resources for further learning and printable modules for future reference
- This course has been mapped to the Care Certificate and the CSTF for health.
What customers say
"West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation work with EduCare on a range of e-learning programmes. We feel that the EduCare method is robust, engaging and easy-to-use. It is also a good resource as it allows learners to refer back to content even after they have completed their training. I would definitely recommend EduCare to other organisations who need to undertake staff training."
Julian Rhodes, Head of Education
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust