Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure
Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, written with Kidscape and Family Lives, is written for those who work with children and young people in a sport or leisure setting.
Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, endorsed by Kidscape and Family Lives, is written for those who work with children and young people in a sport or leisure setting. Its purpose is to raise your awareness of abuse and neglect, help you to recognise early signs there might be a problem, and show you how to take appropriate action.
It is important for anyone that works with children and young people in any sport or leisure capacity to be aware of their typical developmental stages and progressions of development.
- what forms child abuse can take and the effects it can have
- signs that may mean a child is suffering abuse and how to respond if a child confides in you
- processes for reporting abuse
- the child protection system
- good practice guidelines.
Child Protection in Sport - 11 - 18, what our my buying options?
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Education®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses such as Child Protection, Online Safety and The Prevent Duty into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
Target Audience Secondary Education
- Covers the fundamentals of safeguarding and protection for anyone who comes into contact with children and young people through their work or voluntary activities in a sports or active leisure setting
- Available online
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 5 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Endorsed by experts at Kidscape and Family Lives
- Certificate accredited by Kidscape and Family Lives
Partners / major users
What customers say
ESR have sourced an online learning course, Child Protection in Sport & Active Leisure, for all working in a sports or active leisure environment. The course provides an excellent introduction to safeguarding children and young people and will assist coaches to recognise the early warning signs of possible abuse.
Louise Pickford, National Coaching Manager, England Squash