Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning
Endorsed by CACHE
This course looks at the three characteristics of effective teaching and learning, described in the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017).
This course gives examples of each of the three characteristics of effective teaching and learning described in the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017) with questions that should prompt you to reflect on how children learn, rather than just on what they learn.
The aim of this course is to:
- Introduce the three characteristics of effective teaching and learning:
- playing and exploring
- active learning
- creating and critical thinking
- Help you to understand why the characteristics of effective teaching and learning are so important
- Explain why observing the context of children’s play is essential to help you plan activities effectively
- Emphasise that how children learn is as important as what they learn
Characteristics of Effective Teaching and Learning, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £14.00
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Price £14.00 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early years
- These courses are level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Written in partnership with the Early Years Alliance
- Optional narration of the module for accessibility
- Additional resources for further learning and a printable module for future reference
- Course id: 117
Accredited / endorsed by
Partners / major users
What customers say
"Feedback from learners has been overwhelmingly positive with over 98% recommending the courses to others. EduCare is an important partner for the Alliance, they share our commitment to excellence."
Early Years Alliance