Being a Key Person in an Early Years Setting
The aim of this course is to raise your awareness of the significance and value that you have as a key person in a child’s life.
The course begins by looking at the role and the requirements that must be fulfilled before shifting focus to the importance of developing a relationship-based approach to working with children.
It covers important topics and practical elements of the key person role, including:
- defining what the key person role is
- why a key person is important
- induction and settling-in
- record keeping
- the key person as
- supporting the home learning environment
- discussing your key children during supervision
- developing attachments
Being a Key Person in an Early Years Setting, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £10.50
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in the Early Years Alliance membership.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete
essentialduty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £10.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Early years
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels)
- A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire
- One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate
- 70% pass mark
- Written in partnership with experts at the Early Years Alliance
- Additional resources for further learning and a printable module for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"A fantastic training opportunity to be able to offer the team and the test at the end enables me to have confidence that the practitioners have a good understanding of the training."
Owner, Hinckley Road Nursery