Assessing, Recording and Reporting Pupils' Progress
This online course, written with the Independent Association of Prep Schools, is specifically designed for use by teachers to assess, record and report pupils' progress in their school.
This course, written with IAPS: the Independent Association of Prep Schools, was written with the sole use of teachers in mind.
This five module course delivers five CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the purpose of assessment
- the different outcomes of assessments
- principles of good practice and how to apply them
- the components of assessment
- the role of tests and examinations in assessment
- recording progress
- reporting progress
- communicating with parents
- resources to help you broaden and deepen your knowledge.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Five simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Five accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare for Education licence: bolt-on this course to our EduCare for Education licence for a small fee
1. Module 1
This module covers the assessment process and what it can achieve and the functions of assessment, as well as the different types of assessment and their purpose. This module also covers the hallmarks of good assessment practice.
2. Module 2
This module covers how to assess effectively by explaining the variables in assessment and how different teaching and learning styles affect it.
3. Module 3
This module covers the role of tests and examinations and their role in assessment.
4. Module 4
This module covers the different ways to record pupils’ progress and attainment such as pupil portfolios, transfer documents folder and pupil report.
5. Module 5
This module covers reporting pupil progress.
Test & Certificate
The Assessing, Recording and Reporting Pupils' Progress course concludes with five multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 5 hours
- 5 modules and 5 questionnaires
- Provides 5 hours of CPD
- Online learning course
- Written with IAPS: the Independent Association of Prep Schools
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Written for the sole purpose of use in schools
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
I really enjoyed doing this course! I found it easy to navigate with clear questioning. The accompanying modules were excellent and they were well presented, fun to read and would make a great staff room resource.
- Anne Camm, Ashdell Prep School
The online course was perfectly pitched and did indeed achieve the aims EduCare and IAPS describe.
- Karen Tuckwell, Bristol School