An Introduction to the General Data Protection Regulation
This course identifies the main aspects which differentiate the new GDPR from the Data Protection Act 1998.
On 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become law. If you hold information which falls within the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), it will also fall within the scope of GDPR.
This course covers the main changes that differentiate the new GDPR from the DPA and includes guidance to help you prepare for the change.
After completing the course you will understand:
- the changes that the GDPR will bring to data storage and the handling and processing of information.
- the role of Data Protection Officer (DPO) and reporting responsibilities.
- what privacy by design means
- what a breach register is and what should be recorded and monitored.
- what a Privacy Impact Assessment is.
- the steps that you can take now to help you prepare for the introduction of GDPR.
What are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included in all of our training packages.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own package, or ask us to create bespoke content just for you.
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
Key features and benefits
Duration 1 hours
Target Audience All
- Multi-User Discounts are available. If you need to buy for 10+ learners, please contact our team for a tailored pricing package.
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
- One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
- 70% pass mark.
- Accredited by Secured by Design and meets national Police approved standards.
- Optional narration of the module for accessibility.
- Additional resources for further learning and printable module for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"I have recommended EduCare for Education to other schools in my area. The courses are very authoritative – they contain some brilliant modules which really help in the day-to-day running of the school."
Carleton Endowed School