An Induction to Boarding
An Induction to Boarding, written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association, is designed to underline and reinforce the crucial underpinning knowledge and skills that are so necessary to any role in boarding schools and the associated pastoral duties.
An Induction to Boarding, written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association, is designed to underline and reinforce the crucial underpinning knowledge and skills that are so necessary to any role in boarding schools and the associated pastoral duties. The three concise modules cover the legal framework, setting and maintaining standards and the fundamentals of working effectively.
This three module course delivers three CPD hours and comprehensively covers:
- the legal framework
- safeguarding and child protection, and how they differ
- the National Minimum Boarding Standards
- how school policies, procedures and protocols work together to support you in your day-to-day boarding role
- how to work safely and effectively, including the skills all boarding staff need
- effective communication and information sharing and being an advocate and role model for children.
What are my buying options?
Buying for yourself?
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access. When you purchase the online version of the course, you will receive:
- A welcome email containing your login details which gives you immediate access to your online course
- Three simple and concise learning modules containing the essential information on the subject
- Three accompanying multiple-choice questionnaires designed to test your knowledge and understanding
- A downloadable personalised and dated certificate on successful completion of the questionnaires
- A downloadable full set of answer explanations when you achieve the course pass mark enable you to see the correct answer for any questions you may have answered incorrectly
- Easy access to reports on your progress
- Clear and simple course instructions and a User Guide, with additional help available via telephone from our Client Services team
Buying for your organisation?
As part of an EduCare Licence
An Induction to Boarding can be included alongside other courses as part of an EduCare licence. A licence contains a range of courses relevant to you, and offers a flexible and cost-effective way to deliver training to every member of your organisation. Choose from our sector-specific licence options or build a licence by selecting your own courses from our extensive range.
- EduCare for Education
- Contact us to build your own
Your training the way you want it
Need a tailored version of this course? EduCare offers bespoke learning solutions to suit your organisation. With EduCare you can:
- Use your own welcome message and logo
- Personalise system emails
- Upload your own policies, documents and learning resources
- Include additional learning content that covers your specific policies and procedures
- Create an entire course tailored to your exact requirements
1. The Legal Framework
This module covers the legal framework and government guidance about the boarding environment and focuses on safeguarding and child protection as well as the ways in which they differ.
2. Setting and Maintaining Standards
This module covers the National Minimum Boarding Standards and how they work as well as how to work safely and the key elements that will support you doing so. Finally this module will cover how school policies, procedures and protocols work together to support you in your day-to-day boarding role.
3. Working Effectively
This module covers how to work effectively, including the skills all boarding staff need. This module will also cover effective communication and information sharing and being an advocate and role model for children.
Test & Certificate
An Induction to Boarding course concludes with three multiple choice questionnaires with a printable certificate. As well as printable user certificates, your training progress and results are stored on your learning management platform.
Key features and benefits
Duration 3 hours
- Covers basic safeguarding training with a focus on boarding school environments
- This course is enhanced with a narration feature for accessibility purposes
- Available online only
- This course is level 2 (as graded against the nationally accepted levels for training courses)
- Delivers 3 CPD hours
- 70% pass mark
- Written by experts at the Boarding Schools’ Association
- Certificate accredited by the Boarding Schools’ Association
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
The BSA is pleased to have EduCare as a partner in this exciting online CPD offering to our 450 member schools. The challenges of delivering timely and cost effective training for staff cannot be underestimated and the new course, which EduCare have helped us to develop and deliver, is proving to be a highly popular and an effective means of meeting the needs of schools and their staff. By engaging with a partner such as EduCare, the BSA have been able to make the most of their extensive experience, knowledge and skills to provide a key new service to our members.
Alex Thomson, Director of Training, Boarding Schools’ Association