Mental Wellbeing in Sport and Physical Activity
This course is aimed at those who participate in sport and their support networks such as coaches, family and medical support staff, and was written in partnership with Jane Fylan, UK Athletics Welfare & Compliance Deputy and is endorsed by Double Gold Olympic medallist, Dame Kelly Holmes DBE.
By the end of this course you will:
- have a greater awareness of common mental health disorders and their prevalence amongst sports people
- recognise some of the warning signs of common mental health disorders
- have an increased understanding of how the pressures of sport can impact on mental health
- understand the health benefits of participating in sport and physical activity
- know what to do if you are concerned about someone
- know how to promote mental wellbeing in
Mental Wellbeing in Sport and Physical Activity, what are my buying options?
Buy as a standalone course
This course costs £9.50 excl. VAT and you can buy online today.
Buy as part of a training package
This course is included as part of EduCare for Sport®, our bestselling training course package which combines a wide range of courses into one cost-effective bundle.
Training the way you want it
Can’t find what you need? You can either pick the courses you need from our extensive range and create your own
Our content experts ensure your courses are kept up-to-date. We constantly monitor changes to statutory guidance, legislation and inspection requirements, as soon as changes are confirmed, we update your course content at the earliest opportunity.
EduCare’s online learning management system is incredibly easy to use with training courses that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with internet access.
With EduCare you can:
- Fulfil your legal duty of care in the key areas the law and inspection requires
- Provide robust evidence of staff training
- Access powerful management reports so you know who has completed the training
- Allow ALL staff to complete essential duty of care training
- Access additional resources to extend subject knowledge
- Keep up-to-date with legislation changes
- Download personalised certificates
- Train anytime, anywhere - 24/7
- Provide training certified for CPD
In association with
Key features and benefits
Price £9.50 excl. VAT
Max. Duration 1 hour
Target Audience Sport
- Level 2 course (as graded against the nationally accepted levels, equivalent to GCSE grades A*-C).
- One module with a multiple choice questionnaire
- One CPD credit* with a personalised downloadable certificate
- Optional narration for accessibility
- Produced in partnership with UK Athletics
- 70% pass mark.
- Additional resources include printable handouts with information about disclosures and helpline contacts and downloadable modules for future reference.
Accredited / endorsed by
What customers say
"EduCare’s online resources have been central to UK Athletics’ Licensed Coaches & Officials continued professional training. They enable our governing body to ensure athletics stays